NYC-based wellness and healthy travel company, Pravassa, released its list of 2013 trips for those seeking holistic wellness getaways around the world.
When planning an itinerary for clients, Pravassa’s founder, Linden Schaffer, who is a certified wellness expert, considers each aspect of the trip with careful consideration and an eye towards guests’ ultimate comfort and satisfaction, according to the company. She also attends each trip to make sure guests are taken care of from the moment they land at a given destination.
“We’re visiting some of my favorite destinations this year,” Schaffer said. “I’m thrilled at the opportunity to be able to guide our small groups to these locations and provide them an inside look at the local culture.”
All trips are inclusive of accommodations, wellness activities, cultural tours and taxes, and are affordable – ranging from $1,300 – $4,300. Here is a list of available packages:
- BALI – Looking to practice Iyengar yoga and meditation? Join Nikki Costello in Bali from February 26 to March 7, 2012, and spend 10-days in the jungles of Gianyar at a 4-star resort with stand-alone villas and private balconies overlooking the jungle. Local organic meals, guided meditation, yoga sessions silent reflections, visits to famous Balinese temples and more are included.
- BALI – Yoga instructor Claudia Whitney welcomes guest for a week in Ubud, Bali, March 10 to March 17, 2013 for an expression of yoga and art, influenced by the essence of hindu dharma. Celebrate Balinese New Year with a day of silence and meditation to mark the New Year after an evening of village ceremonies, parades through town and the ritualistic burning of the Ogoh-Ogoh’s (papier-mâché demons created to draw out the evils spirits). Highlights include joining the local village to celebrate and purge the island of any evil spirits; a meditative silence to reflect on life; and a painting workshop led by British ex-pat and local artist, Bruce Sherrat.
- HAWAII – Take a 10-day yoga intensive wellness retreat with yoga instructor Julie Dohrman in Hawaii. This retreat combines spirituality, yoga and movement to revitalize the body. Highlights include watching the Kilauea Volcano spill red-hot lava into the ocean floor; watching the Hawaiian culture with the largest hula festival in the world; and taking hula classes.
- ARGENTINA – Anais Haven and Amalia May will teach the art of Argentine Tango embraced by the flow of yoga in Buenos Aires. Perfect for either the complete beginner or an experienced dancer, the yoga sessions will increase body awareness, which is essential for the dance workshops with Tango masters. Other aspects include exploring the hip neighborhoods of Buenos Aires; enjoying Argentine coffee in the local café; and taking in the sites at MALBA, the city’s modern museum. Plan to go on a shopping spree as you run from boutique to boutique.
- PALM SPRINGS – Celebrate this mother’s day with a Mother/Daughter in Palm Springs from May 10 to May 12, 2013. The weekend includes family time in the beautiful relaxed desert atmosphere, fitness classes, a massage, guided meditation sessions, a local organic welcome meal and more.
- TURKEY – Pravassa and Will Duprey Yoga take you on a 10-day retreat in Turkey from Aug. 30 to Sept. 9, 2013. Guests will be immersed in the Ottoman empire and fabled Constantinople; explore the Roman ruins in Fethiye; and hike the Lycian way. This time together will be used to meditate, contemplate and move toward your center.
- SOUTHEAST ASIA – Experience Thai Buddhist culture as Pravassa and yoga instructor, Liza Laird lead a 10-day trip to Southeast Asia, Nov. 14 to Nov. 23, 20134. Celebrate Loi Krathong, the festival of lights, and open the body and mind with yoga. Stay in a 93 year-old mansion in Bangkok and a mountain resort in Mae Rim.
For more information, visit http://www.pravassa.com.