Every year we make resolutions with the intention of “getting it right” this year. We vow to lose weight, join a gym or quit smoking, but it seems by the time January 2 rolls around, we already doubt our ability to keep them. And by the second or third week of the month they are a distant memory.
This year, instead of making your usual resolutions, try a few that will connect you with your higher self, and with the Divine source inside us all. If you start here, the other stuff will fall into place.
Here are five spiritual resolutions worth making and keeping this year:
1. Spend time quieting your mind every day. Meditation, whether using a mantra or simply concentrating on your breath, can help you connect to the truth and strength within. It will raise your vibration, lower your blood pressure and improve your life in countless ways.
2. Every morning when you wake up and every evening when you go to sleep, check in with your angels and spirit guides. Thank them for their guidance and ask them to open your eyes, ears and heart to the messages and signs they send you throughout the day — then pay attention to them when they come your way!
3. Create a gratitude journal and write down five things you are grateful for each day. Then write down five things you want to attract in your life as if you have already received them, and thank the Divine for sending them into your life.
4. Come up with at least five ways to give back – to your friends, family, community or the world. Whether you volunteer at a local community center, nursing home or hospital; create a family game night where once a month you come together with family to laugh, love and have fun; or donate to a charity such as Habitat for Humanity, or your local PBS Television station, do something to give back without expecting anything in return.
5. Make a list of affirmations to say to yourself as you are getting ready for the day, or getting ready for bed. Concentrate on topics where you are trying to manifest something, or an area of your life you want to improve. For example, for abundance and money, “Signs of abundance are all around me, and money flows to me easily and often.” For health and healing, “My body is healthy, whole and complete. I feel better with each passing day. All is well.”
Happy New Year from Elevated Existence! May this year be filled with blessings and love for us all!
Founder, Publisher & Editorial Director
Elevated Existence Magazine