By Dr. William Constantine
As winter sheds its grip and spring ushers in, many of us are looking forward to warmer weather. Spring has become synonymous with cleaning – getting rid of stuff we no longer use, preparing the gardens, tidying up the external appearance of the house and yards, etc. However, very few make an effort to clean out their subconscious mind.
Did you know over 90 percent of what we do in a waking state is controlled by what we hold within the subconscious mind? So, for the vast majority of the time, we are literally on autopilot. Doesn’t it make sense that we would want to perform a thorough cleaning on our subconscious too?
Perception is a real problem in the world today because it has become clouded by the pursuits of the false self or ego, and we have become confused about our true nature. It’s caused everything from wars to divorce; murder to heroic deeds; compassion to hatred; illness, and so on. However, ones perception is merely a part of their human conditioning. In reality, perceptions are based on the beliefs we hold within our subconscious mind.
These beliefs are passed down and picked up along the road of life, and are adopted as our own. We essentially have become collectors of beliefs since we were born. As a newborn child, the slate is clean. We literally become a sponge soaking in all the beliefs, false ideals and misconceived notions of the human experience and potential because when it’s coming from a trusted source – a parent or authority figure – we trust it to be true.
The conscious and subconscious mind are powerful tools that when we learn how to work with them, can help us create a lifestyle we desire to live. Yet, when we don’t know how to use them properly, we often create the exact thing we don’t wish to experience.
The solution to many of the problems facing the world today, if not all of them, is a shift in perception. If we shift our perceptions we shift the way we react and respond to situations and experiences – thus, giving us a totally different result. In order to shift our perceptions we must rattle the cage of the subconscious mind and see what beliefs we have stored within that no longer serve the highest good and intention of our life.
In his book, “It’s Your Time,” author Joel Osteen calls these false perceptions “dead end neighborhoods,” and they are indeed just that. If you know anyone who has moved into one of these neighborhoods you will probably hear them complain about how slummy their life is and how they can’t seem to get out or “catch a break.”
This perception of lack is what faces many today because they are too busy focusing on what they “don’t have” rather than what they are abundant in. A mere shift in perception will start the ball rolling into the life of freedom and abundance that God wants all of us to live.
There are really two main categories of perceptions from which all others derive – fear and love. The more we find ourselves fearing, the more we are living in the world of the false self. But when we find ourselves in a place of love, we realize we are really living and are in the world of our divine self or God self. In that self, all things are possible.
Here are five tips to shift into the divine self:
- Think of the areas of your life you want to improve. Ask yourself, “What beliefs do I have regarding this area of my life?” List them out, and then ask, “Is this in alignment with the desired result?” If the answer is no, than you have identified a limiting belief. Then you have two options: Release it or change it to align with your ultimate vision.
- Forgive and release. Stop holding on to “negative” things in the past. If you can forgive yourself, forgiving others will be easy.
- Create an audio CD filled with new thoughts and beliefs – positive affirmations. Make a copy for you to have at work, in the car, and one at home. Listen to this, instead of your favorite morning talk show, where you run the risk of being inundated with news or negativity.
- Value what you have in your life. Look to the abundance you already have now, like a car, a house, a job, groceries, kids, etc.
- Implement my belief formula to create beliefs in your subconscious that are in alignment with where you want to be: Thought + Repetition + A Month = New Belief.
With these tools as an active part of your daily routine, your life will run smoother and you will be in a vastly different place in no time.
William Constantine is a lifestyle expert, global leader for non-profit work and has a Doctorate in Metaphysical Sciences. Used as a source on Nancy Grace, Fox Business News, ABC, NBC, and other media outlets, Constantine is an expert on how to break free from fear- based realities and conditional thinking as it relates to life and career choices. For more inforamtin, visit his Web site http://drwilliamconstantine.com, follow him on Twitter: @wmconstantine, or visit his Facebook Page.