By Amy Leigh Mercree
Summer breezes, swimming on hot days, and steamy nights provide the perfect backdrop for a love life makeover. Enacting some of the principles of “Spiritual Dating” can make it happen! Spiritual Dating can take an unsatisfying romantic life and turn it into a fulfilling, sensual and emotionally safe celebration of love in all its forms.
Here are two easy ways to bring the spiritual and sizzle back to your love life – whether single or coupled:
1. Embrace your sacredness. Bring your focus to the idea that you are sacred. Sacred means precious, special and a treasure of true beauty – that’s you! Integrate this truth by saying aloud “I am sacred,” and notice how it feels in your body, and how it uplifts your body’s energy. Then, set an intention to integrate your sacredness into your physical body’s cellular structure by saying the “I am sacred” affirmation aloud daily.
Next, take a look at how you act. Do you act and speak as if you know you are sacred? Do your actions honor who you are? Do your choices affirm your sacredness? When you start living your sacred truth, you won’t allow yourself to do things that demean you or dishonor you. Instead you will choose your health and happiness. Challenge yourself today to make this step part of your love life makeover – live in a way that affirms how sacred you are.
The funny thing about integrating your sacredness is it makes space for you to feel sexier. When you can trust yourself and your actions to be fully honoring, something beautiful begins to happen. You feel emotionally safe. Finally, you can really trust yourself, and that means when you feel it is right, you can really let loose and experience the ecstatic, climactic, sensual, pleasurable truth of who you really are. You can do this solo or with a trusted partner and either way your love life will be better. Single or coupled, you will be living an important principle of Spiritual Dating – to honor, revel in and embrace your sacredness.
2. Get sensual. Focus on your five senses.
As it heats up outside, we often feel awakened to our physical bodies and to our physical presence. Embrace this and get sensual with it. Beyond the romantic connotations of sensuality there is the core of the idea: the five senses.
Our senses give us information all of the time, but they are an often untapped reservoir of joy and enjoyment we could have in our lives. One of the reasons we are here in human bodies is to enjoy the experience of duality, of having a body. The sights, sounds, smells, tastes, sensations of being human are a rich, satisfying cacophony of potential pleasure and enjoyment.
What can you do today to embrace your sensuality?
– Make icy, refreshing snow cones
– Swim in a ocean or lake feeling the water caress your skin
– Walk in a field of flower and grass smells
– Look at the passing colors as you drive down a country road
– Light candles before bed and let yourself enter an unfocused state as you observe the play of light on the walls
– Fill your windowsills with glasses full of water with different blends of food coloring
– Walk barefoot in the grass or on the beach
– Spend time in the forest and kinesthetically feel the majestic rough bark of different types of trees
– Dance to your favorite songs with the windows open to let in the fresh air
– Have a lemonade and sorbet tasting party with friends
– Melt ice cubes on your lover’s body
– Try skinny dipping on a hot night
Take ownership over your enjoyment of life and make a commitment to experience life’s pleasure on a daily basis. When you are enjoying life and in touch with your body, you radiate more confident and more sensual energy. Be the sacred, sensual being you truly are and enjoy your love life like never before!
Amy Leigh Mercree is the author of “The Spiritual Girl’s Guide to Dating: Your Enlightened Path to Love, Sex, & Soul Mates,” a Spiritual Dating & Relationship Coach, and a Medical Intuitive. For more fun articles and her dating advice column visit her blog and Web site: www.spiritualgirlsguide.com.