Yoga-Recess is a project of the Yoga Health Foundation, and a national awareness campaign that reaches thousands of children nationwide, bringing mind-body fitness and health to classrooms, after-school programs, community centers and youth organizations.
On January, 25, 2013, the organization is celebrating National Yoga Recess Day. The program offers schools the ability to bring health and fitness – and the added bonus of mind-body awareness – into the classroom, allowing students to develop the ability to focus and calm their minds, as well as release daily stresses that negatively affect their health, well-being and academic performance.
The program provides free online resources like instructional videos, lesson plans and more to teachers to use in their classrooms.
A regular yoga practice can:
- Enhance ability to focus and stay on task
- Improve behavior & self-discipline
- Decrease anxiety & depression
- Aid with weight loss
- Boost self-confidence, creativity & communication skills
- Improve overall health, well-being and mental function