by Jennifer McCartney
Does money love you? Or is your relationship with money a mess? Morgana Rae is an internationally bestselling author of “Financial Alchemy: Twelve Months of Magic and Manifestation” and money guru who will walk you through 6 time-tested steps to turn your personal Money Monster of scarcity into a Money Honey of abundance. She spoke with Tammy Mastroberte, founder of Elevated Existence Magazine during the “Living an Elevated Existence Mind, Body & Soul Summit Season 2” to explain how to let go of financial anxiety and take a step towards wealth.
Morgana explained that money is actually a “made up” concept we all agree upon to make the world go round, and is also one of the most challenging things we face as adults—how to get it, manage it, attract it, respect it and be at peace with it. She discounted the myth that just by working hard we’ll automatically be financially successful—it’s much more complicated than that, she noted.
“Even if you work really hard, have a great diploma, a great website…that doesn’t guarantee you financial success,” she said. “Sometimes, it can feel like we have super human powers to repel money.”
The first step to bringing in abundance is “to get rid of the stuff that’s preventing you from being a money magnet.” All of this creates what Morgana calls our money monster—someone we all must meet so we can do away with them for good. She asks clients to actually make money a person, and explained the first time she did this she saw a scary biker and realized that is why she was struggling to let money into her life for so long. Who would want a scary biker to come into their lives?
To listen to Morgana’s interview, along with 26 other top experts in mind, body & spirit topics, sign up for the FREE summit now!
Morgana laid out her six-step plan for helping those on their own journey to financial freedom.
1. Uncover the root cause of your money issues. It usually involves something relating to our feelings of worth, love and security. Maybe a relative stole from you when you were younger. Maybe you were teased as a child and have grown up to feel unworthy of receiving money. Maybe you have money, but are fearful of losing it—crippling your ability to live life free of money worries. “The more money you have, the higher the stakes,” she said. “To find the real root cause you’ll dig deep to find whatever life event has the most pain around it.”
2. Personify your money monster. Who is it? How do they act? Why are we fearful of them? Once you see the creepy person she or he is, then your situation makes more sense. The number one excuse Morgana sees in her work for what somebody can’t have, do or be, is that they don’t have enough money—a sentiment that compounds our problems. “Every time you say “I can’t afford it,” it’s like we’re feeding the money monster.”
3. Get rid of your money monster. Kill it by any means necessary—if you aren’t sure if it’s gone, there’s probably still something there. Keep trying.
4. Meet your money honey. This is your positive money relationship. It’s a partner that loves you and accepts you. “Of course it’s really you…we only know the world through our own experience,” Morgana said.
5. Have a conversation with your money honey. Learn to love and respect it. You have the power in the relationship. Ask it, “What do you need from me?”
6. Take action. “If you want physical results, you need to take physical action.”
She assures people who are in debt, afraid of money, and feel hopeless, that’s she’s been there-and these steps can work for them, too. “For those of you that are in the panic, with the dark night of the soul with your finances and your circumstances, first—congratulations. The money monster is so up close for you that this process can be easier faster, and the most dramatic for you….you actually have an advantage.”
Whether you’re a single mother with a mountain of debt or are someone that cringes at the idea of charging for your services, even when those services are your livelihood, Morgana assures us that no matter what our money issue, it’s a cycle anyone can break out of once we’ve met our money monster and embraced our money honey. And once we’re on our path to financial freedom, we’re better able to serve ourselves—and others. “Your prosperity serves the world,” she reminded us. “I want you to have financial freedom so you can focus on love, lifestyle, and legacy.”
For more from Morgana Rae — and access to her exclusive special offer for listeners, as well as the other 25 experts in mind, body and spirit topics, sign up FREE to Season 2 of the Living an Elevated Existence Summit.