By Sherry Winn
Many people ask me about how to manifest their desires. They want a simple formula. Something they can do a single time and get instantaneous results. Imagine doing something just one time and being an expert. Wouldn’t that be awesome?
In the 23 years I was a collegiate basketball coach, we never practiced one time and then thought we were prepared to play a game. We created what we wanted by continually practicing, revising and testing our skills. It was an ongoing process to become a good team.
Every year I coached, I learned something new that enhanced my ability. I became more effective and efficient because I had enhanced my skills through repetition and research.
Manifesting your dreams is a process. It requires awareness and the desire to improve who you are.
You might have been practicing manifesting for years without awareness because you allowed your thoughts to think you rather than being in control of your thoughts. Maybe you created unwanted circumstances or people in your life by putting all your energy into what you did not want. Maybe you manifested dis-ease because you put too much energy into guilt or shame. Maybe you formed a life of continual challenges because you believed there was no gain without pain.
Now that you are aware energy goes where attention flows, you can begin to practice where you put your attention. This requires effort. Thoughts flow through us quickly and many times these are thoughts we have practiced thinking, which means we have to develop a new habit of thinking different thoughts.
For example, if you believed there was no gain without pain, and you told yourself that message 30 times a day for 5 years, you would have lodged that thought pattern into your brain 54,650 times. In order to change the neural networks you have created through repetition, you replace your no gain, no pain thought with another thought. Instead of believing gain is associated with pain, you shift your belief system to the idea that goals are attained through sustained attention and right action. Pain does not need to be part of the process.
How do you practice manifesting?
1. Take the time to become aware of your thoughts. Write down your 10 biggest beliefs and then list how those beliefs are serving you. If your beliefs are not serving you, it is time to change them.
2. Read personal development books that focus on the positive.
3. Use your car as a library. When you get in your car, commit to listening to 10-15 minutes of an audio book that will help you grow.
4. Meditate daily. This is huge. Meditation opens your awareness and it allows you to practice letting go of unwanted thoughts.
5. Assign one notebook to your goals. Fold the page in half at the midline. Every day write down five goals written in terms of affirmations (as if the goal has already occurred) on one half of the page. On the other half of the page, write down what beliefs are preventing you from achieving your goals.
6. Note the beliefs you have that are preventing you from achieving your goals. Work on changing those beliefs.
7. Repeat your affirmations throughout the day. See the affirmations in your head. Act as if you are already living your dreams.
By practicing to manifest your dreams, you not only receive what you want, you enhance who you are. This is the true practice of manifestation — the process of becoming wiser, more joyful, happier, more loving and kind. Once you become who you want to be, you attract more of what you want.
Sherry Winn is an author, EFT Practitioner, Certified Law of Attraction and Master Life Coach and a motivational speaker, whose topics include “Making the Impossible Possible,” “Loving Challenges,” and “Catching Your Dreams.” As a former elite athlete competing at the Olympic Games in 1984 and 1988 in the sport of team handball and head collegiate coach for 23 years, she possesses a deep passion for helping others become motivated to reach their highest levels of success.
Winn overcame her fears and limitations when she contracted chronic pain at the age of 33 and was told by 17 different medical professionals there was no answer. Through books, meditation, mentors and Webinars, she discovered the power of healing through positive thinking.
To receive a free 50-minute Law of Attraction coaching session, or more information about Winn, she can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, through her website at www.ucancreatesuccess.com or on Facebook.